Teaching skills are introduced in the Teaching, Evaluation, and Curriculum for Healthcare Professionals (TEACH) Program, a six-month workshop.
- Conducting needs assessments
- Writing goals and objectives
- Developing learner and program evaluations
- Small and large group teaching strategies
- Strategies for effective and efficient outpatient and inpatient teaching
The sessions are a mixture of lecture, discussion, group activities, and facilitated curriculum development time. A project is required of each attendee and participants are expected create a formal curriculum based on their interests or educational needs.