St. John's Hospital Family Medicine Residency
We offer robust training in inpatient medicine, obstetrics, and clinic-based care.
The clinic is located in a diverse, urban neighborhood in St. Paul. Patients include a well-established, ethnically diverse population, ranging from newborn to geriatric age.
St. John’s Hospital is a community-based, award-winning hospital. Family medicine is well respected and vital to the hospital’s success. The busy emergency room, ICU, and OB service complement the in-depth teaching services in internal medicine, newborn pediatrics, and general surgery.
Each academic class includes six residents. The program has filled in the National Resident Matching Program every year since 1990.
- Inpatient medicine, OB, and clinic-based care
- Electives in rural family medicine, C-section training, sports medicine, and colonoscopy training.
- Opportunities to tailor training to personal interests
- Autonomy on rotations
Apply, benefits, and residency resources
- How to apply
- Resident stipends and benefits
- St. John's residency fact sheet
- 2018-19 St. John’s Residency Program Policy and Procedure Manual
- University of Minnesota Graduate Medical Education Institution Manual
- Support resources for residents (including mental health resources, well-being tools, work/life balance, and more)