Central Clinic is a free walk-in clinic for St. Louis Park children and teens, open two half-days per week during the school year.
The clinic aims to reduce barriers to care; about one-third of its patients are uninsured.
Governance and funding
- Financially supported by the Park Nicollet Foundation
- Space supplied by St. Louis Park Public Schools
- Oversight provided by a community board
- Treat about 100 patients each over the course of a year
- See presenting issues ranging from well-child visits and sports physicals to acute illnesses and sexual health concerns
- Expand their skills in evaluating and treating children and adolescents
- Learn practical applications of community health ideas
- Have access to precepting by phone, a small library, and laptop computers
Central Clinic is located in the Central Community Center, 6300 Walker St., at the corner of Highway 7 and Wooddale Avenue in St. Louis Park.
The community center also houses childcare programs, an alternative high school, ECFE classes, and the Park Spanish Immersion school.