Methodist family medicine residents are involved in many efforts to improve the availability and quality of health care in their community:
- Present talks on puberty, tobacco, brain awareness, and other health topics in schools
- Staff “Ask the Doctor” booths at community events, like Parktacular and the Minnesota State Fair
- Staff Central Clinic, a free walk-in clinic for children and teens
- Provide sideline coverage and training room support for high school and Division II athletics
About St. Louis Park
St. Louis Park is a thriving city of nearly 50,000 people, located less than five miles from downtown Minneapolis. As a first-ring suburb, it offers convenient access to the Twin Cities, ethnic and socioeconomic diversity, and a strong sense of community and inclusivity.
- Repeatedly named one of America's Promise 100 Best Communities for Young People
- Birthplace of the Children First initiative
- About 10% of residents born outside of the U.S.
- More than 30 languages spoken in schools
- All seven St. Louis Park Public Schools designated Blue Ribbon Schools of Excellence by the U.S. Department of Education