Duluth Where We Practice
Duluth Family Medicine Clinic
The Duluth Family Medicine Clinic is a nationally-recognized multi-specialty group with more than 400 physicians covering 44 medical specialties and subspecialties, who work in the Essentia Health system's hospitals and clinics.
Some of our features and services
- Integrated team model, including behavioral health, pharmacists, RNs, and social worker
- Chronic disease management
- Support services, with on-site diabetes educators, nutrition services, and coding/billing specialists
- On-site digital x-ray, ultrasound, COLA-certified moderate complexity lab, and dedicated procedure, colposcopy, and OMT rooms
- Located within walking distance of both hospitals
Our patient population
- 75% adults, 13% seniors, 10% adolescents, 2% infants
- 40% Medicaid, 30.5% private insurance, 26% Medicare, 3.5% uninsured
Our residents train at two hospitals.
Essentia Health–St. Mary’s Medical Center
Essentia Health-St. Mary's Medical Center is the region's largest hospital, featuring:
- A Level II Trauma Center
- Multiple ICUs, including the region’s only ICU for newborns and children
- Multispecialty services
St. Mary's Medical Center is part of Essentia Health, an integrated health system serving a population of 460,000 patients in Minnesota, Wisconsin, North Dakota, and Idaho.
St. Luke's Hospital
St. Luke's Hospital was the first hospital in the city of Duluth, featuring a Level II Trauma Center and multispecialty services.
Duluth is perfectly positioned between the sparkling blue waters of Lake Superior and one of America’s most spectacular wilderness areas. The city also boasts a comprehensive, state-of-the-art medical community with a physician population of more than 400.
Some of Duluth's attractions:
- 14 nearby state parks
- Hundreds of miles for biking and hiking minutes away
- Home to art museums, performance centers, and numerous festivals
- Winter activities include skiing, snowboarding, skating, hockey, snowshoeing, and ice fishing
- Visit Duluth for more
Duluth is approximately a 2.5-hour drive north from the Twin Cities.