Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics
I had a ton of fun, learned a lot, and enjoyed interacting with the other medical students and family physicians in attendance. -Past course participant
Date: September 12, 2019
Location: McNamara Event Center
Maintain the knowledge and skills required to manage potential emergencies during the perinatal period by taking the Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics (ALSO®) course.
This course offers robust online learning modules and a full day of hands-on training in preventative care, practice concerns, and labor and delivery room emergency care. All hands-on training sessions are facilitated by approved ALSO® instructors.
- First trimester complications
- Labor dystocia
- Preterm labor/premature rupture of membranes
- Safety in maternity care
- Vaginal bleeding late in pregnancy
- Assisted vaginal delivery
- Intrapartum fetal surveillance
- Postpartum hemorrhage/maternal resuscitation
- Shoulder dystocia
Registration is for non-University of Minnesota family medicine residents, medical students, and community physicians or healthcare professionals. Fees include tuition, syllabus, parking, and lunch.
1. Please contact us first to reserve a spot and to confirm the date and location:
- Heidi Cerdas Monge, MBA, 612-625-0953, firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Fill out and submit the 2019-2020 Course Registration Form
Continuing medical education credits
CME credits will be applied for the fall course.
Photo and video release
We may take photos and/or videos of instructors and learners at our programmatic courses, and these may appear in the department’s and/or University of Minnesota’s marketing and promotional materials (e.g., brochures, posters, social media, websites, etc.). Your attendance constitutes your permission and consent for photography and video subsequent usage. If you do not want to be photographed or filmed, please let us know by contacting Heidi Cerdas Monge, MBA, 612-625-0953, email@example.com.