Visiting Medical Students
Family medicine electives are available to third- and fourth-year medical students attending LCME-accredited medical schools.
Upon successful completion of an elective, we will reimburse your application fee of $200, if the following requirements have been met. Allow eight weeks for processing.
- At the end of your rotation, a copy of your clinical evaluation by an attending must be submitted by e-mailing email@example.com.
- A request must be made in writing for reimbursement within two weeks of course conclusion. E-mail your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: We do not reimburse for rotations at affiliate sites.
The University of Minnesota Medical School uses the Visiting Student Application Service (VSAS).
Visiting medical students can apply for up to two elective rotations, totaling a maximum of 12 weeks.
- Read the University of Minnesota Medical School visiting medical students policies and procedures
- Complete and send us a VSAS application for your preferred elective(s) and dates.
- Please note that VSAS does allow you to upload a supplemental document during the application process to rank your residency program of choice. For example, you can simply create a Word document that says your first choice is residency program A and your second choice is residency program B.
Any questions regarding your VSAS application can be directed to H. Peter Cao, email@example.com.
For international medical students
H. Peter Cao, 612-624-0452, firstname.lastname@example.org