Apply for Hospice and Palliative Medicine Fellowship
How to apply
Deadline to apply: August 31, 2018
Adult interview dates:
Thursday, September 13
Tuesday, September 18
Thursday, September 20
Pediatric interview dates:
Monday, September 17
Wednesday, October 17
To apply for the 2019-20 year:
- Review the eligibility criteria and materials for application
- Apply online through Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) Fellowships
- For more information about the application process, contact Sheila McGinley, email@example.com
Applicants must meet all requirements to be enrolled in a house staff training program under the policies of the University of Minnesota Graduate Medical Education Committee.
1. Applicants must have completed an ACGME-accredited residency in a program whose board sponsors subspecialty certification in hospice and palliative medicine (family medicine, internal medicine, pediatrics, emergency medicine, surgery, neurology or psychiatry, obstetrics-gynecology, anesthesia, physical medicine & rehabilitation, radiology/radiation oncology).
2. Applicants must have U.S. citizenship, permanent resident status, or be in possession of a J-1 visa at the time of application.
3. Applicants must have passed USMLE Step 3 or an equivalent examination that qualifies for medical licensure (i.e., COMLEX).
4. Fellows must have or be able to obtain an unrestricted Minnesota medical license and DEA registration.
5. Applicants must have graduated from one of the following:
- Medical school accredited by LCME or AOA
- Medical school outside the U.S., Canada, or Puerto Rico with one of the following:
1. We select from among eligible applicants based on their educational preparedness, ability, aptitude, academic credentials, communication skills, and personal qualities, such as motivation and integrity.
2. We do not discriminate with regard to sex, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran's status, or sexual orientation.
3. In accordance with ACGME Common Program Requirements, prior to accepting a trainee from another residency or fellowship program, the program director must obtain the following:
- Written or electronic verification of previous educational experiences and a summative competency-based performance evaluation
- Proof that the USMLE Step 3 or an equivalent licensing examination (i.e. COMLEX) has been passed (for PGY-3 residents or higher)