Hospice and Palliative Medicine Fellowship
Hospice and palliative medicine fellows see palliative care in a variety of settings and gain expertise in:
- Symptom relief
- Pain management
- Decisional support for patients and families suffering from serious and advanced illnesses
Training includes broad-based exposure to both adult and pediatric palliative medicine in community and academic settings, with well-established interdisciplinary palliative care teams.
The curriculum allows fellows to pursue an adult or pediatric palliative medicine emphasis.
The fellowship is a one-year program accredited by the ACGME and boasts a 100% board pass rate.
The fellowship's major sponsors include:
- University of Minnesota Family Medicine and Community Health
- University of Minnesota Medical Center
- Minneapolis VA Health Care System
- Fairview Home Care and Hospice
- Children's Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota
- Hennepin Healthcare